Translate

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Filing System

I have two accordion files. One for important things and the second for school related stuff. 
The first accordion is a Hello Kitty accordion file that has six (6) tabs. I've had this agenda for a long time so I'm not sure where I got it. Its held up for quite some time so I'm very please with the quality. 

This accordion is my "School" filing system. Anything over the years of high school that seemed important to keep are in here. The first two tabs are Manuals and Science. Yes, I decided to put my manuals in here because I had no where else to put them. They are out of the way so I don't mind that they are in here. In the science tab I have some periodic tables from chemistry, star maps from astronomy, and some notes that typed up from classes and other helpful things such as that. 

The third and fifth tab are English and Math. I like to keep a lot that has to do with English since it is my favorite subject. I have a lot of informational papers such as: Elements of the Gothic Novel. Then I have a lot of short stories. In my math tab I keep a lot of notes. I'm not the best at math so keeping a lot of notes I can go back to look at is helpful. Then I have the handy formula sheets. 
The last two tabs are self-explanitory. The school tab has things related to school such as report cards, transcript, and scores on those assessment tests. Then last but not least my awards tab houses all my awards I received since 8th grade. 

I'm less likely to go into this accordion on a daily basis but its there if I need something related to school or if I need to look at a manual. 
The one I use most is a black four (4) tab accordion that I got from target a while ago. It was in the $1 section so it isn't the best quality but it does it's job. 
The first two tabs are Taxes and Medical. The tabs in this accordion are self-explanatory. I put all tax related things in the Taxes folder. All the medical related stuff I put in the medical tab. 
The third and fourth tabs are Receipt, and Misc. I put all my online order receipts into the Receipt tab. And I have random credit card mail ("brochures") in the misc. tab for future reference. I also have papers related to cats. I have a 12 year old gray cat who is the world to me. So if I find anything interesting or stuff from the veterinarians I keep in the misc. tab as well. 

Overall I enjoy my filing system. It simple and easy to put stuff away. I go through everything in the files every new year to discard things I no longer need. As I get older my filing system will grow but as I'm still young I don't need a very specific filing system. 

Please feel free to follow and request some posts for me to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment