Translate

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Back To School! (Supplies)

What supplies should you use for college? 
   Well I'm no longer in elementary or high school. Though some of the supplies used in elementary and high school come in handy! I did some thinking over the summer about what supplies would be best to use for college. The most important thing is to pack light because your bag can easily get heavy. Textbooks and if you have a laptop will be the key things that will make you bag heavy.
   Speaking of bags, I decided to go with a backpack instead of a tote which I used in high school because I purchased a laptop. I specifically got a laptop backpack so I know it will be safe. The backpack I purchased was Ogio's Soho Woman's Laptop Backpack. It originally runs for $80 on the website but I ordered it through amazon and got it for around $60. I can't tell you how much I love this backpack!
Picture found: Ogio
  The laptop I purchased was a macbook pro 13". I treat this like a newborn baby! I was to afraid to use it before I got a case for it. I think a laptop is crucial for college for all the papers, homework, studying, and emailing you'll be doing. 


Now onto the real school supplies! 

I got go two notebooks, one for math notes (the composition notebook), and one for textbook notes (the striped one). The striped notebook is kind of heavy but since I'm only using two notebooks I'm sure the weight won't be to bad. I can always use another one. The composition is one of my favorite items. Not only is it cute but its bendable! Some people may not enjoy this but I love it more than the hard covered ones. 



There are two popular methods to organize school work. There is the binder method and the folder method. I kinda went for both. I got a 1" binder and a pack 5 tab dividers because I have five classes this semester. So every class has its own spot where I can put exams, homework, classwork, and essays. I also have a "folder notebook"...yes that's right a "folder notebook"...well that's what I call it anyway. It is like a spiral notebook but it has three "pages" that have pockets on each side.







Last but not least we have the small supplies.
I picked up a pack of four highlighters (and added a green highlighter that I had), some colored pens, and a pencil case. I am a highlighter fanatic! I am always highlight things so when classes start i'll be using them for textbooks and notes. I enjoy using colored pens for my agenda (if you haven't seen that post check it out!) also using colored pens for notes makes it easier to read just like highlighting. I grabbed some things around my room that I already had to put in my bag. Such as a mini stapler (don't even know how many time people used mine in high school!), pencil sharpener, eraser (I know its old and beat up...but still capable of working), and pens and pencils. 


That's all I have in my bag at the moment. If I add/ change anything I'll be sure to update everyone. 
All photo's are taken with my Iphone (can't afford a camera at the moment...speaking of college!)
Striped notebook, colored pens, binder and dividers, and pencil case where purchased at Walmart.
Highlighters where purchased at Dollar Tree.
Notebook folder, mini stapler, pencil sharpener, eraser, pens and pencil were found around my house.
Macbook pro was purchased online at Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment