Translate

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Back To School! (Agenda)

Its that time of year...

     Many of us are heading back to school. I fortunately enjoy school and happen to be attending my freshman year of college! My first day is on September 5th and I couldn't be more excited.  I will be sharing the supplies I will be using throughout the year. Since this is my first year of college I am not certain that everything will have the purpose I attend to use it for. That being said I'll be sure to update everyone. 

   The first item that I could never live without would be my agenda. I've used an agenda throughout high school. I could not explain how much a agenda helps! I got this agenda at Walmart for $7.97. It is by the brand Blue Sky. My favorite planners are the Lilly Pulitzer agendas but this agenda is just as great! It's a much better price...talk about a $20.03 difference if you get the Lilly Pulitzer large agenda! In the photo you can see that there are two tabs that I put there to make it easy to find the month and week I am on.

 
On the inside of the front cover I have some long post-it's (not name brand Post-its) I found at the Dollar Tree. I use these to write down important things that I need to know or get done. On the bottom of the front cover I made myself to little keys that I laminated. The key on the left tells me what the color of a pen represents. On the right the key tells me what the highlighted color represents. This is useful to distinguish between subjects as well as make your agenda a whole lot prettier! 

With the color keys in mind I write all of the things that goes into the month view with the color it should be. So if I have an appointment then I write it in green, work = blue, holiday = orange and so on.  I also have these little stickers that say doctors, no school, dentist, those type of things.  The stickers make it easier to see when I have an important day coming up. When the day is over I put a line through the box. On the right side there is a "note" column where I write some of the things I need to pick up at the store. When I pick an item up I check it off with a red pen.  

The week by week section is where I write down things that need to be done. When I do the task I check it off with a red pen. I find that writing a To Do list really helps stop procrastinating! When school starts I will be writing assignments/exams as well.


 Stay tuned for useful tips and the rest of my supplies that I will be using throughout the school year! Post will be up later or tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment